2017 LCCU Scholarship Fund: Investing in our Members’ Future
A good education can open the door to unlimited economic opportunities. In 2017, the Latino Credit Union’s Scholarship Fund will grant up to 30 scholarships totaling $50,000.
Who can apply?
All members who have been accepted in a community/technical college or institution of higher learning.
How can I apply and what is the deadline?
Applications will be available at all of our local branches or may be downloaded here. You can drop off you application at any branch, or also submit it and any attachments by email to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting the application is May 31st, 2017.
How will I be notified if I’m selected?
You will receive confirmation from our reviewers by the third day of receipt. If your application is incomplete, you will still have until May 31st to submit any missing documents. Award winners will be notified by July 7th and will be required to attend the award ceremony to be held in July.
What do I need to submit with my application?
- A copy of your acceptance letter or evidence of enrollment at a community/technical college or university
- Two recommendation letters that can reflect your dedication, character, and integrity with contact information
- A two-page, or 500 word, essay that includes your bio, your career and personal goals, the reason why you are applying and what this scholarship, if selected, would mean to you
What is the selection criteria?
A committee will review all applications. Selection will be based on:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Number of years with the credit union (parents/legal guardian membership terms can be considered)
- Total number of products and or services the member is enrolled in